CRAFT Fast Response
While our general submissions are always free and always open, we are currently offering a fast response option to BIPOC and other historically underrepresented writers. We will respond to your submission (for free) within four weeks of submission.
We pay $200 for accepted short prose and $100 for flash prose. To serve our aim of exploring the art of prose, each published piece includes an editor’s introduction as well as a craft essay (author’s note) by the writer. This essay will be requested upon acceptance.
Please use this form to submit to this category.
- International submissions are allowed.
- Previously unpublished work only.
- Please submit work in English only.
- 6,000 words maximum for short prose; 1,000 words maximum for flash prose.
- We review literary work, but are open to a variety of genres and styles—our only requirement is that you show excellence in your craft.
- We allow simultaneous submissions—writers please notify us and withdraw your piece if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- We no longer allow multiple submissions—please submit only one piece until you’ve heard back from us.
- Please, please, double-space your submission and use Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Please send your story as a Word doc.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history (if applicable).
- We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, disability, family status, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation, or for any other reason.
- Additionally, we do not tolerate discrimination in the writing we consider for publication: work we find discriminatory on any of the bases stated here will be declined without complete review.